Tuesday, December 26, 2017

5 Favourite 2017 Powell River Books Posts


Come along on a year-end tour
of the five most popular
2017 Powell River Books posts.

My Powell River Books blog is where I share posts about off-the-grid float cabin living. Looking back at 2017, here are some of the most popular posts. Click each title to read the entire post.


Compost Quick -- I have a chicken wire compost barrel where I use put kitchen scraps and garden clippings from spring to fall. Then I bury it in a pit to complete the process over winter. The soil increases the size of my cliffside potato patch.

Off the Grid Living -- Wayne and I live away from town and take care of our own utilities with solar, wind and a generator for electricity, hand pump for water, propane for the stove and refrigerator, and a compost toilet.

Powell Lake by Barge and Quad -- We use a barge to take our quads on camping trips around Powell Lake. We didn't have a place to store our bikes at the cabin. The barge does that and provides us with a unique means to explore.

Stocking Up the Woodpile -- Our Kozi woodstove makes it possible to live off the grid in all seasons. To keep it fed all winter long we have to fill the woodshed in summer and fall. A generator run log splitter sure beats an axe.

Homemade Garlic Dill Pickles -- Living off the grid has inspired me to learn new sustainability skills like canning. I put up what I grow in my float garden and deck pots. Wayne loves my homemade dill pickles on his BBQ hamburgers.


We hope you enjoyed the tour. You can read more about our off-the-grid lifestyle and adventures in Wayne's Coastal BC Stories series of books and e-books. Go to PowellRiverBooks.com for more information and ordering details.

Want to see a review from my Margy Meanders blog? Check out my 5 Favourite 2017 Margy Meanders Posts. Hope your 2017 was as eventful as ours. Give us an update. -- Margy

22 comments:

  1. I love that top photo, Margy. And I had to laugh because it seems 'compost' is your most popular topic. I love the stove best. It is miserably cold here in southeastern Alberta. Our little dog, who likes to go for 2-hour morning walks, will now only run outside and right back in again 10 minutes later. Me, I'm not going out at all. I hope you and Wayne had a super Christmas, and here's wishing you both all the best for the coming new year!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garden is always popular. I love the woodstove too. I miss it in the summer, but the weather is just to warm to fire it up. - Margy

      Delete
  2. Your photos are just wonderful to see! What a diverse range of images :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a friend here in Powell River from New Zealand. He's lived here for many years but he still has the most wonderful accent. - Margy

      Delete
  3. 2017 was certainly an eventful year for us! Always enjoy your stories from your floating home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. And for you it included a big move. - Margy

      Delete
  4. Very interesting..
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Living here makes every day new and exciting. - Margy

      Delete
  5. Hello, Margy! I just love your floating home photo. It looks beautiful, what a lovely setting for it too. I enjoy reading about your time at the floating home. Looking forward to 2018. Thanks for all your visits and comment on my blog this past year. I hope you and your family had a happy Christmas Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a faithful reader Eileen. Have a wonderful 2018 and I look forward to lots more bird pictures from you. - Margy

      Delete
  6. Wonderful year end post ~

    Happy New Year to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I enjoy sharing our off the grid life. - Margy

      Delete
  7. YOU are quite impressive! Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Stephanie. Hope 2018 brings you relief and pleasure. - Margy

      Delete
  9. Glad you stopped by, wishing you and yours a prosperous New Year.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures and lives. Thank you for returning the visit. - Margy

      Delete
  10. whatever will happen or not, we'll just have to wait and see but I do wish with all of my heart that you and your loved ones will have the most beautiful and happy healthy blessed year ever !

    Have a ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year brings what it may, that's for sure. - Margy

      Delete
  11. What an adventurous life you are leading! Makes me feel envious! Thanks for dropping by. Wishing you a wonderful 2018!
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't right in town, but we have all the comforts as if we were. - Margy

      Delete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy