Sunday, July 10, 2011

Under Construction

We've lived in our float cabin on Powell Lake since 2001. In the beginning, while we were still working in Los Angeles, it was holidays and summers. After we quit our jobs (that sounds better than the "R" word), we spend about 75% of the year up the lake. We love to watch the seasons change and enjoy winter almost as much as summer.

Well, there's one thing we don't enjoy during storms, the climb up to our outhouse on the cliff. Yes, it has a nice view, but when it's wet, cold, and dark, it isn't my favourite place.

John built our cabin and we purchased it from him. Since then he has become a very good friend and has helped us immensely with cabin maintenance and projects. I went to him with an idea and a request. BUILD ME A BATHROOM!

John took the concept to his dad. Eddy loves to develop plans using SketchUp on the computer. Here's his animated rendition of my new bathroom and covered side porch.



Thanks Eddy! You can come up the lake and use my facilities any time. -- Margy

5 comments:

  1. I love the animated plan. Floorplans are my hobby, but I've never seen anything like this. I'd better not ask questions about SketchUp or I'll find myself with a whole new hobby and no time for blogging.
    Looks absolutely great, Margy!
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay - I know Eddy spends hours on his projects. I haven't tried it, but you can get a version of SketchUp free online. It is part of the Google suite of applications.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you - a bathroom! A necessary luxury - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margy,

    My name is Desi Gonzalez and I am a television producer for the Travel Channel. I am currently working on a television special about the world's most interesting houseboats, scheduled to air in 2012.
    This houseboat special will be a celebration of floating homes and the fascinating people who love them. We feel that the uniqueness, beauty, and story of your houseboat might be a great addition to our programming. I would love to chat sometime this week about your beautiful houseboat and yourself. Could you please give me a call at 305.773.6122?
    Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future.
    Very sincerely yours –

    Desi Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity Desi. I will be in contact this week. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy